The Citadel is the only Heavy Battlecruiser at this time and is one of the three New ships, the most expensive one, with abilities and statistics that make it almost a moving fortress.
Advantages and DisadvantagesEdit
- Huge hitpoints (more than twice Goliath's hitpoints)
- Highest number of generators. (twenty)
- Largest cargo space (more than twice Goliath's cargo space)
- Highest amount of extras (five)
- Defensive abilities
- 2 Hellstorm Launchers - these load in succession and fire at the same time. Practically, this is equivalent to having one launcher with a capacity of 10 rockets. It can fire these slightly faster than a single launcher can fire two batches of five, and the impact deals slightly more damage due to the increased multi-angle bonus.
- Lowest base speed (240) and poor maximum speed (440, compared to Goliath's maximum of 450)
- Low numbers of lasers (less than half of Goliath's lasers comparable to a Nostromo)
- Massive bounty of 120.000 Experience and 1200 Honor
The Citadel is far stronger compared to the Goliath (in resistance) and just like with the Aegis, it has a lack of offensive abilities, but this is compensated with its fortress abilities.
The Citadel is the toughest ship available and is well-suited to tanking for fellow outfit members. Its ability to force nearby enemies to attack it is far beyond any other ship's protective abilities. On its own and in small groups, however, its inferiority to all other top-tier ships in terms of damage and mobility render it a poor choice, and as such it is used by few players.
- Draw Fire: 1 minute cooldown. Forces enemies to attack the Citadel for 5 seconds. Affects enemies attacking outfit members as well as the enemy the Citadel is locked on to, but only within a short range.
- Travel: 1 minute cooldown. Sets the Citadel's speed to 538 (compared to Goliath's maximum of 540 with updates) for five seconds. The two uses of the ability are to move briefly at full speed in a heavily shielded standing configuration (i.e. one with no speed generators) and to instantly break slowing effects (e.g. Saboteur, DCR)
- Protection: 1 minute cooldown, 10 second duration. 25% of damage is redirected at the Citadel.
- Fortify: 6 minute cooldown. Reduces damage by 50% for 10 seconds. It should be noted that this ability prevents the use of jump gates and cannot be canceled early. Its use in PvP can easily backfire. Travel and all other abilities and items that could "cheat" the immobility (e.g. Jump CPUs) are disabled for Fortify's duration.