Honor is the implemented point system that lets you gain or lose points, mostly used to describe if a player is good (positive points) or bad (negative points).
Honor is simply earned by killing Alien, enemy company players, completing quests, and finishing Galaxy Gates. You can also earn large amounts of Honor by joining in Events or doing special quests such as the Winter ones. Honor is an important part of the game, due to it determining Hall of Fame ranking and the amount of Credits you receive for selling Ore.
Honor is mostly lost by a term called Company Killing. It is when you shoot down players of the same company. Even by stealing cargo drop of players from your same company, you get -100 to -512 Honor points deducted and some Credits as well. A simple fix to avoid stealing from your company is to go to the "Settings" in-game at the top right, click 'Interface', and uncheck "Show cargo boxes which are not free". Even though this setting is automatically un-checked to new players, it is not advised to switch it on, you can earn just as good enough cargo drop without stealing.
- Note. The P.E.T gear Auto Looter will only collect boxes that are free, no matter if you have the setting "show cargo boxes that are not free" on or off.
Ore price benefitEdit
The more Honor you have, the more Credits you receive when selling your cargo at base. The calculation is shown below:
Original Price + (Honor points / 1,000)
However, the maximum amount can reach is double the original price..
- For every 1,000 Honor you have, Ore's sell price goes up one Credit.
- This will stop when the price of the Ore has doubled e.g. Promerium becomes 1,000 Credits each per ore sold.
This also works both ways, so if you have negative Honor, then the selling price of Ore will be lower than it's base price.
Hall of FameEdit
Hall of Fame Ranking: 1/100 Honor points will go towards your ranking in the Hall of Fame according to the following formula: (EP/100000 + Honor/100) so 1000 Honor points will result in 10 Ranking-Points
- In addition, negative honor has negative influence on the damage done when attacking as shown below.
Damage reduction Edit
In addition to having negative Honor, you also receive damage reduction as shown:
- Note: The damage reduction applies only to enemy and friendly ships.
- Honor < -200 = 10% less damage (only 90% of the normal damage is done)
- Honor < -500 = 20% less damage (80% of damage is done)
- Honor < -1,000 = 40% less damage (60% of damage is done)
- Honor < -2,000 = 70% less damage (30% of damage is done)
- Honor < -10,000 = 90% less damage (10% of damage is done)