- The Protegit is a fast-flying companion to the mothership, the Cubikon. Found alongside the Cubikon mothership, and in some Galaxy Gates, the Protegit is one of the most annoying Aliens in the Darkorbit Universe.
- As a defender to the Cubikon, the Protegit will spawn in groups of 20 - 30 when its mothership, the Cubikon, is attacked. They will swarm around the first attacking Ship, and deal large amounts of Damage over a small period of time. They are the only defense the Cubikon has against players.
- Once the parent Cubikon is destroyed, the Protegits will fly around, attacking anything in it's path. They will not, however, follow any ships. Eventually, they will disappear and a new Cubikon will spawn at their former location.
- The Protegit can be found in:
We need to get our hands on Protegit research in order to develop optimal counterattack measures. Annihilate 150 Protegits in 190 minutes using only X-2 laser ammo!
- Destroy -=[ Protegit ]=- (0 / 150)
- Complete in under 03:10:00
- Use less than 1 rocket.
- Don't use any DMG X3 laser ammunition.
- Don't use any DMG X4 laser ammunition.
- Don't use any mines.
- When killing a Protegit that was not your kill in Level Invasion Gate. An interesting message will be left in your log. Instead of saying "X destroyed" it will say:
You shot down a Protegit.
Cubikon (Protegit) escort ship destroyed
- If you are fighting Protegits in a Galaxy Gate, have a Vengeance or Goliath with maximum (480 and 450, respectively) speed to be able and evade them safely.
- Due to the large damage dealt by Protegits, Cubikon require a group of FE players (minimum of 3) to deal with such a mothership.
- Stronger FE ships may take on cubikons alone how ever the player is recomended to have plenty of SAB-50 ammo, x3 ammo, and x4 ammo.