The Protegit is a fast-flying companion to the mothership, the Cubikon. They can be found alongside the Cubikon mothership, and in some Galaxy Gates. The Protegit is one of the most annoying Aliens in the Darkorbit Universe due to it's speed and moving patterns. As a defender to the Cubikon, they will swarm around the first attacking Ship, and deal large amounts of damage over a small period of time. They are the only defense the Cubikon has against players. Once the parent Cubikon is destroyed, the Protegits will fly around, attacking anything in it's path. They will not, however, follow any ships. Eventually they will disappear and a new Cubikon will spawn at their former location.
- The Protegit can be found in:
- The x-6 maps.
- The last wave of certain Galaxy Gates.
- The Level Invasion Gate.
- The ??? map. (Also know as the Cubikon Graveyard.)
|Regular Ore||Premium Ore|
We need to get our hands on Protegit research in order to develop optimal counterattack measures. Annihilate 150 Protegits in 190 minutes using only X-2 laser ammo!
- Destroy -=[ Protegit ]=- (0 / 150)
- Complete in under 03:10:00
- Use less than 1 rocket.
- Don't use any DMG X3 laser ammunition.
- Don't use any DMG X4 laser ammunition.
- Don't use any mines.
- When killing a Protegit that was not your kill in Level Invasion Gate. An interesting message will be left in your log. Instead of saying "X destroyed" it will say:
You shot down a Protegit. Cubikon (Protegit) escort ship destroyed
- Players who use the Citadel ship are very helpful in teams for taking down Cubikons as they can use their Draw Fire ability to tank the Protegits while players in ships such as the Goliath focus on dealing damage. Citadels are not recommended to try and solo a Cubikon as they have a fairly low damage output.
- If you are fighting Protegits in a Galaxy Gate, have a Vengeance or Goliath with maximum (480 and 450, respectively) speed to be able and evade them safely.
- Due to the large damage dealt by Protegits, Cubikon require a group of FE players (minimum of 3) to deal with such a Mothership.
- Stronger FE ships may take on cubikons alone how ever the player is recomended to have plenty of SAB-50 ammo, x3 ammo, and x4 ammo.