Protegits are a fast moving alien that are spawned from the mothership alien, the Cubikon. Protegits are released from the Cubikon shortly after it takes damage and will appear in groups of 20-30. These Aliens are very annoying to most players, and in some cases even deadly. When Protegits first spawn, they will attack the first player who damaged the Cubikon, and will eventually switch to the player who damages the Cubikon the most.
Players who use the Citadel ship are very helpful in teams for taking down Cubikons as they can use their Draw Fire ability to tank the Protegits while players in ships such as the Goliath focus on dealing damage. Citadels are not recommended to try and solo a Cubikon as they have a fairly low damage output.
|Average Damage||1,050 - 1,400|
- The Protegit is a fast-flying companion to the mothership, the Cubikon.
- Found alongside the Cubikon mothership, and in some Galaxy Gates, the Protegit is one of the most annoying Aliens in the Darkorbit Universe.
- As a defender to the Cubikon, the Protegit will spawn in groups of 20 - 30 when its mothership, the Cubikon, is attacked. They will swarm around the first attacking Ship, and deal large amounts of Damage over a small period of time. They are the only defense the Cubikon has against players.
- Once the parent Cubikon is destroyed, the Protegits will fly around, attacking anything in it's path. They will not, however, follow any ships. Eventually, they will disappear and a new Cubikon will spawn at their former location.
- The Protegit can be found in:
- The X-6 maps.
- The last wave of certain Galaxy Gates.
- The Level Invasion Gate.
- The ??? map. (Also know as the Cubikon Graveyard.)
|Regular Ore||Premium Ore|
We need to get our hands on Protegit research in order to develop optimal counterattack measures. Annihilate 150 Protegits in 190 minutes using only X-2 laser ammo!
- Destroy -=[ Protegit ]=- (0 / 150)
- Complete in under 03:10:00
- Use less than 1 rocket.
- Don't use any DMG X3 laser ammunition.
- Don't use any DMG X4 laser ammunition.
- Don't use any mines.
- When killing a Protegit that was not your kill in Level Invasion Gate. An interesting message will be left in your log. Instead of saying "X destroyed" it will say:
You shot down a Protegit. Cubikon (Protegit) escort ship destroyed
- If you are fighting Protegits in a Galaxy Gate, have a Vengeance or Goliath with maximum (480 and 450, respectively) speed to be able and evade them safely.
- Due to the large damage dealt by Protegits, Cubikon require a group of FE players (minimum of 3) to deal with such a mothership.
- Stronger FE ships may take on cubikons alone how ever the player is recomended to have plenty of SAB-50 ammo, x3 ammo, and x4 ammo.