The Spearhead Recon Ship is one of the three elite New ships, being the cheaper one, with abilities and stats that make it a great stealthy ship. Compared to the Goliath, it is statistically much weaker, but due to it's multiple abilities, it makes it a great recon ship that can go completely cloaked when the skill is activated (even on the mini-map), as well as doubling the mini-map range to detect enemies ahead of time. Which poses a great advantage, so you can stay cloaked and invisible, see your enemies, and attack with the advantage of surprise on your side.
Pros and ConsEdit
- Relatively cheap (almost half as the Goliath).
- High speed (with 12 G3N-7900s and Promerium upgrading, it's faster than a Vengeance with the same generators and upgrades).
- Decent number of generators.
- Great "hiding" abilities, perfect for new players, scouting, and patrols.
- Relatively low hitpoints (little less than BigBoy).
- Really low number of lasers (five).
- Low cargo space (tied with standard Leonov).
Abilities and Restrictions of Ultamite Cloaking
- While ultamite cloaked, you cannot be locked onto
- EMPs will not uncloak you.
- If you pick up boxes, ores, etc you will immediately be uncloaked.
- If you jump through a portal you will not stay cloaked.
- All of your shields on that configuration drop to 0 until you are uncloaked