- Upon starting the game, you are given a REP-S repair bot which repairs your ship's HP in 165 seconds. It repairs small ships at a slow rate, but gets a little faster HP recovery rate for higher Credit bought ships such as the Nostromo and BigBoy. As you start to pull in credits, try to go for the REP-2 or REP-3. Save the REP-4 for last.
- Begin upgrading your Skylab's components to at least level 1. Prometium, Endurium, and Terbium are converted to Prometid and Duranium, which are then converted to Promerium. The price of 1 Promerium rock is 500 Credits (which increases for higher Honor point players).
- On your X-1 map, if you happen to see a red dot with a yellow box around it on your minimap, do not fire at it. It is an enemy player which has reached your home starting map. X-1 has a player protection, meaning enemies cannot fire upon you unless you fire upon them first. You can do your normal activities such as killing Streuner and collecting Bonus Boxes, as long as your do not shoot the enemy.
- Around the outskirts of the space maps, there is a Radiation Zone which destroys ships that stay in that zone for too long, increasing the damage dealt the further out you go.
- You earn more Credits for killing Streuner aliens than you do collecting Ore.
- If considering to fight enemy players, upgrade your equipment using Promerium and Seprom, which will give you a major boost against your enemy.
- Make sure to check the 'Galaxy Gates' page often to use Galaxy Gate Energy for the Galaxy Gate Generator collected from Bonus Boxes, which give you various items and Galaxy Gate parts.
- Log in daily to reach the Bonus 5 from Daily Login Bonus, which will save the worry from getting destroyed in a Uridium bought ship such as the Vengeance or Goliath and having to buy it again.
- While hunting aliens, make sure to check the minimap for unusual red dot activity. Enemy players like to n defeat Devolariums by "Kiting", a technique used in many MMOs by luring the stronger opponent with slower speed while attacking it while they are out of the adversary's attack range.
Player Tips and Tricks:Edit
Contribute to the Tips and Tricks page here and help other players on your own useful information!
When you start the game you should keep your starting ship for a little while, do the ore and Alien kill quests. Keep this strategy up until you can buy a drone and then equip this with the best laser you can. Keep doing the Alien kill quests and ore quests. Then buy more drones and lasers (get better ones if you have the regular stuff). A very good quest once you reach level 5 is "Resource Shortage" which gives a very good reward (50,000 credits, 750.000 Exp) this quest should make you level 8. Now at this point you should also have 2 LF2, 3 MP1 and 1 LF3 on your ship. It is your choice whether or not to be in a clan at this point. A good clan will have plenty of money, if you be patient you can get a lot of money to bid on a Goliath (80,000 uridium or 3 to 15 million credits on auction) or a Vengeance (30,000 uridium or 1 million to 10 million credits on auction) the vengeance is faster but the goliath is more powerful so, it your choice. After you have your choice of ship continue filling it with the best engines and shields and the best lasers too (LF3 ). Before long you will be a FE Goliath or Vengeance. Keep doing quests and another very important tip would to be to keep a minimum balance of 2500 uridium in your account so you can always repair. When you get to level 11 go up to X-7 or X-6. Then kill Boss Kristallon(known as BBK), Kristallons (known as BK). These Alien's give a lot out so you get your level and credits high. Iris drones are very hard to get so bid like you what them such as 30 mil is a good bid. By the way the price range is differ from each server. The cheapest is in USA East 2 where Goliath is min of 3 million and max of 5 million. Ask some of the pros on your server. Oh and by the way if you like to bug people a lot why don't you try this: Did you know you can put mines under bonus boxes and players can't see it? So when people get the box they get hit by the mine and the cool thing is that it can kill Phoenixes and it will bug the higher ships!
For slow ships (especially BigBoys and Goliaths) you do not fully equip the 2 Configurations. If your slow use the Configuration, you can switch Configurations in game every 5 seconds.
Full speed generators on the ship
Full shield generators on drones
Buy the BO-2 ones, but make sure to make lots of uridium/credits to repair your ship again after you die, so as soon as you get 2000 uridium save it up to put forward to upgrading Shields. This will help you last longer if being attacked. Try to bid for speed generators and BO-2's. I would recommend that you bid 10k late at night if you want to save creds but also try to bid on REP-3, it REALLY helps.
Full shield generators on the ship
Full lasers on drones
Drones get more lasers, its tank mode, its supposed to be a mode where you can hit back hard while you try and limp back to a gate or help (you still might get killed).
FEG (Full Elite Goliath)
Another way to get an FE Goliath is this.
Config 1. All lF3 lazers and all top speed engines on ship. on drones, 3 lF3 lazers and the rest Bo2 shields.
Config 2. All lF3 lazers and all Bo2 shields on ship. All Bo2 shields on drones.
If the enemy is starting to run away when you get in a pvp battles, you can easily swop to the 1 config and finish that enemy off. Sometimes this config works on vengeances but you got to be quick in changing configs and chase them down. and be sure to have like smart bomb, 3 second shield, loads of mines, and x-3/x-4. Even if you don't have the extras, you always got to have x-3/x-4 lasers with you or you'll never win the battles you ever get into.
Anon#1: (merged from tips)Edit
If your a small ship i.e. nostro or smaller then try to have people with you in an outfit to help you pop the bigger ships. If you are in an outfit, it's better to do quests to level up quicker.
Try stay near to a portal where there are a few minimum players from your company. If there isn't anybody then keep your distance from portals as any enemy could just come through the portal and kill you while your occupied.
When shooting an alien, circle around it because there is a bigger change that their shots will miss you. The technique of "going around the Alien" is called circling.
Try to avoid the Alien's attacks especially if its big e.g. Mord, Dev, Sib, BK or others. If your sheild is low then you can regenerate it when you are attacking the alien considering it does not hit you. When your shield is low you can switch config and voila! U got a full shield!
The secret about drones to make money (by Elit3noob) -DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE-Edit
No longer works due to the update with the Flax drones. Flax drones now cost credits to repair and only give 100,000 credits when sold at level 6.
You know whenever you train your drones untill level 6 the price when you sell it is 2,000,000 credits? For the past few months I have found a way how to make money from them. Here is a chart I thought of, the first line is how much the flax drone costs (it doubles every time you already have a flax drone), if all of the no. of drones were at max level how much you would get for selling all of them, and how much profit or credits you will lose from doing this:
100.000 = 100.000
1 drone (flax) X 2.000.000 = 2.000.000
profit: 1.900.000 credits
100.000 + 200.000 = 300.000
2 drones (flax) X 2.000.000 = 4.000.000
profit: 3.700.000 credits
100.000 + 200.000 + 400.000 = 700.000
3 drones (flax) X 2.000.000 = 6.000.000
profit: 5.300.000 credits
100.000 + 200.000 + 400.000 + 800.000 = 1.500.000
4 drones (flax) X 2.000.000 = 8.000.000
profit: 6.500.000 CREDITS
100.000 + 200.000 + 400.000 + 800.000 + 1.600.000 = 3.100.000
5 drones (flax) X 2.000.000 = 10.000.000
profit: 6.900.000 credits
100.000 + 200.000 + 400.000 + 800.000 + 1.600.000 + 3.200.000 = 6.300.000
6 drones (flax) X 2.000.000 = 12.000.000
profit: 5.700.000 credits
TIPS FOR PROS!Edit
So you have an enemy with full shield and Hp. What you can do for a couple of times is to switch between x-5(SAB) and x-7(RSB) instead of x-4 and RSB. It won't take the same damage as with x-4, but you'll take down the shield faster. Then, when the enemy doesn't have a shield start switching between x-4 and x-7 and there is a chance that you will kill the enemy.
2.High-tech items or high-screwed items?
Everybody knows that the "Diminisher" function is to take down shield. If you don't want to be screwed when using Backup shields, you have to do the following thing:
When in a fight with a "Diminisher" and you have a low shield switch between configurations, so that you will have the other shield. That's when most of the players activate the function.Then switch again between configurations and use the tech part so you take the chance of being taked down by using diminisher on the enemy side.